Where are you located?
- The chapter office is located in ADAC (Atlanta Decorative Arts Center)
351 Peachtree Hills Ave., Suite 504-A, Atlanta, GA 30305. (Map)
When are you open?
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
How can I get a list of the Georgia Chapter Members?
- We sell the ASID Georgia Chapter Membership Directory, which is updated yearly. Purchase Online!
How many members are in the Georgia Chapter?
- There are approximately 650 practitioner members, 225 Industry Partners, and 300 student members.
What types of payment do you accept?
- We accept checks, cash, VISA, Mastercard and Paypal.
How do I get into the Interior Design field?
- It is best to get an associate degree or bachelor degree in interior design. (see next answer)
What schools in Georgia offer interior design programs?
- See the Education section for a list of the schools in Georgia, noting those with ASID Student Chapters.
What is required to join ASID?
- Go online to our parent organization at www.asid.org for information on the best membership category for you.
How do I become a professional member of ASID?
- You must meet the requirement for Allied membership and pass the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam.
Where do I get an application for membership?
- Go online to our parent organization at www.asid.org for an application.
Are interior designers licensed in Georgia?
- Georgia has a Title Act covering the title “Registered Interior Designer”.
How do I become licensed?
- You apply to the Georgia State Board of Architects and Interior Designers – a Division of the Professional Licensing Board of the Secretary of State’s Office / Sciences and Professions at 478.207.1400 or www.sos.state.ga.us/plb/architects/.
Do I have to be licensed to practice interior design?
- Georgia has a title act which allows qualifying designers to use the term “Registered Interior Designer”, but it is not required to practice.
Do you have a resource for jobs?
- We maintain a job file in the ASID Georgia Chapter office and encourage firms to notify us when they are looking for people. Also visit the ASID Job Bank.
Do you keep resumes or can you fax a list of job openings?
- No, we ask that you come in and look at the job listings during office hours.